- BMC - RLM - SP is console port to connect the filer,
- BMC - RLM - SP is a separate device in the FAS chassis.
- It has it's own IP and is independent of the FAS so it keeps running any time.
- BMC - RLM - SP is connects to the motherboard and install separately.When a FAS fails over BMC - RLM - SP keeps working locally.
- These provide remote support like remote access, monitoring and troubleshooting.
Before FAS 2xxx they called BMCFAS 2xxx to FAS 30xx / 31xx they called RLM
After FAS 3240 and 3270 they named SP (service processor)
BMC : Baseboard Management Controller
RLM : Remote Lan Module
SP : Service Processor
RLM - Remote Lan Module
Please write your valuable comments, About this Blogspot.