Checking Netapp filer after a panic
- If suppose filer suddenly rebooted due to some hardware issues, causing a failover in a clustered pair.
- if you would like to check the filer hardware status before you perform a giveback
- These steps won't affected the other node of the cluster..
1. login as naroot with root passwd
2. Type system console
3. It prompt for halt : type y
4. Now system will reboot.
5. Now it will prompt with LOADER-A> , there type boot_ontap
6. If you got above image please press Ctrl-C
7. Next following by the boot menu options
8. Select maintance mode boot ( option 5 ) and please never select options 4.
9. Next you will a warning message like "Continue to boot?" there please select "Y"
- After some time you will enter into maintenance mode prompt .
- Prompt looks like " *> "
- Type "aggr status" to check
- Check FC disks are online/shown using fcadmin device_map command.
- Check SAS disks are in online using this sasadmin command.
- if you want check other commands if needed.
11. Again it prompt in LOADER-A> there type boot_ontap
12. we have to wait utill below message.
Now it will be disconnected from RLM connection.
Please write your valuable comments, about my blogspot.