- Its license futures in NetApp.
- Flexclone is used for testing purpose.
- Flexclone need volume snapshot, using that snapshot we can clone that to new volume.
- FlexClone volumes always exist in the same aggregate as parent volumes.
- Clone is in writable copy and without using a lot of disk space. After split the clone that time only clone will take space from the Aggregate.
To Create new clone
To view clone status
fas3070> vol status new_volume_name
To start a clone split:
fas3070> vol clone split start volname
To stop a clone split:
fas3070> vol clone split stop
To check the status of a clone split:
fas3070> vol clone split status [volname]
To estimate the time of completion:
fas3070> vol clone split estimate [volname]
Please write your valuable comments, about my Blogspot.