- Deduplication in license future in netapp.
- Deduplication in an elimination of redundant data in volume
- Deduplication deletes the multiple same data (words) and make only the unique data is stored. So some repeated data deletion provide some space to storage
- Deduplication find duplicate 4KB blocks anywhere in the volume and delete duplicate and stores a unique in 4KB.
Deduplication need two license
- First nearstore_options license must installed
- Second Asis license install.
Netapp Deduplication commands:
license add for sis
Enable Asis for volume
Before start Asis check the volume total spaces and free spaces
Start Asis for /vol/vol1
If your volume already contains data means, now you start the Asis
After you started the deduplication sis will added in volume
After Asis started check the saved spaces
This is default sis schedule for volume
We change the default sis schedule for the volume
We can off the sis process
Please write your valuable comments, about my blogspot.